Deaf Counseling Center is a Deaf-owned and operated counseling and consulting practice staffed by Deaf licensed professional therapists. We specialize in working with Deaf people and their families.
- Safe, confidential, and nonjudgmental
- Culturally sensitive
- Communication through American Sign Language
- Empowerment and positive change
Deaf Counseling Center History
- Founded in 2001 by Dr. Candace McCullough and Sharon M. Duchesneau
- 1st to offer videophone counseling services
- 1st to have Deaf certified Distance Credentialed Counselors
- Deaf-centered therapy developed by Dr. McCullough and Ms. Duchesneau
- Deaf-centered therapy developed in reaction to the inappropriateness and ineffectiveness of traditional therapeutic models developed by hearing people
Deaf Counseling Center aligns Deaf therapists with clients across the United States. This is where we work.