Deaf Counseling Center is a Deaf-owned and operated counseling and consulting practice staffed by Deaf licensed professional therapists. We specialize in working with Deaf people and their families.
- Safe, confidential, and nonjudgmental
- Culturally sensitive
- Communication through American Sign Language
- Empowerment and positive change
Deaf Counseling Center History
- Founded in 2001 by Dr. Candace McCullough and Sharon M. Duchesneau
- 1st to offer videophone counseling services
- 1st to have Deaf certified Distance Credentialed Counselors
- Deaf-centered therapy developed by Dr. McCullough and Ms. Duchesneau
- Deaf-centered therapy developed in reaction to the inappropriateness and ineffectiveness of traditional therapeutic models developed by hearing people
- Award-winning mental health and addiction services in Bethesda, MD
Deaf Counseling Center aligns Deaf therapists with clients across the United States. This is where we work.